Wednesday, October 12, 2011

snakebite...


Last night by the light of the silvery moon I stood outside in my mortal gloom. heheheh no not really! Forgot to mention what a terrific weekend i had with my kids. We hit downtown Moscow Idaho and actually had a blast. Our first stop after we parked across the street from the line of cops parked at the station was to exit the car as fast as possible and walk away from all those squad cars holding our breath. We had not even broken the law or jaywalked but who knows some of the tarnish that covers every spokane officer who knows if any of them had that kind of fever here. That is all I am going to say. First stop was awesome since I was the one in charge of making decisions and my daughter's boyfriend was driving. ..aaahhh yes i love it when that happens. We ended up in the rock store. I had only five bucks in my pocket and i march right up to the counter like a millionaire and politely ask in a demanding voice to see where he keeps the phenacite and the moldavite. I mean why linger looking for something when you could save yourself the time right? He tells me he will be right with me and disappears so anyway the moonstone has pulled me towards it and wow there is this gorgeous pair of moonstone earrings that dangle with an orb that spins at the bottom of each one. Just about the time I am pinching myself for getting distracted in what I am not there for.... the case I am leaning across suddenly comes into focus all at once and i swear to you that a real rattlesnake tried to strike at me from the other side of the glass. I scream and almost fall on my ass and my future son in law antone rushes over and i say in a loud whisper ...check it out that snake tried to bite me antone i swear it did. We both focus on it and heck it did not move and i started to think okay kris stop being a drama queen and admit that it is fake. It was probably just the air conditioner hitting it just right. the man comes out and calls me up to the counter and explains the last time he had phenacite he bought for a man about a year ago. so i torture myself and ask for things i use to keep in my medicine bag or laid out on top of my dresser..Meterorite yes he has a few pieces why what was i after. I am after phenacite mister...no don't tell him my story. About how many times my meterorite pendant would break the clasp of whatever chain I had it on and how familiar it was to feel that hunka chunka outta space slip down between my tits. I always wore my phenacite crystal i bought it at wonders of the world in spokane when I was in there looking for something i just thought i had to have. I sure use to find all my treasure there ....if anything it was my candy shop. Anyway I had just spent $300 on a tibetan chakra bowl i like to call her a singing bowl cause she would only raise her voice for very few....anyway there i go getting away from my story cause all in all that was such a good day. An empowering day. The clerk at wonders of the world was getting tired of me asking what about this one. .."that's rose quartz or malachite or blah b lah" I knew I didn't want a crytal like everyone else and i didn't give a darn about it as far as double terminated points i wanted something for me. I finally looked in the case farthest from the front and there was this little crystal pendant that blinded me with compulsion to get it .I remember the clerk telling me that is kept over there for a reason it is a phenacite and most of the clerks refuse to handle it because it gives them a headache ..you dont want that it would be used for a wand not worn around your neck. hook,line and sinker lady I held it in my hand and looked up at her and said sold. It was my everything and i was aware that it contained everything i would ever need so i always wore it alone. Anyway the night before at work i was bragging to all the guys (mailhandlers heheh) that i had this meterorite pendant that was soo damn heavy that if i had any problems with anyone i could take it off from around my neck and if i hit somebody in the face with it that it would break some bones. they were like yeah right kris! So my pride got in the way it seems. I have my phenacite on and i am pulling down the mail off the dbcs and i have my meterorite on and when i stand up there goes that familiar feeling of that heavy stone sliding down between my tits. broken clasp and i have no pockets in the shorts i am wearing so in a flash of stupidity i hang it from the chain with my phenacite and later when i am clocking out and i am taking down my pony tail i feel the chain break and they both hit the floor and my phenacite breaks in two pieces and i am flabberghasted and shocked and hurt and i start to cry.. I don't understand and i want to throw that damn chunk of space debris back out to space. I bury both pieces of my broken crystal in the earth at my mom's, hoping maybe that one side will live on... that is what i am remembering as i stood in front of the rock guy in moscow with this dumb look on my face. He wants to know my connection to phenacite because he doesn't get much request. I look at him and smile and antone saves the day. All at once he jumps and screams and runs away! he sticks his head back in the door and says that snake is alive i swear i saw it kris...and the guy winks at me and says yeah you should have seen him move..

No comments: