Thursday, October 27, 2011

page of my nanny's journal

Alvia was her name but i called her nanny all the same Gosh how i loved her and always will. I could get lost in my missing of her ..i really miss the world that i lived in and knowing that she was close by no matter how far away I was at the time because i could always find her..She was all that was good and i am lucky that i had her for as long as i did. She saved me from myself ...well she helped me save myself- without me actually realizing it . without me realizing it is important because she was NOT interested in taking any of the glory of that feat for herself because she knew i needed to believe in myself even more-that is the true power of love.Anyway found an old notebook with this entry ;

having only one sister and being the only member of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints in my family, i must write my history. I was born 10 june 1924 in what is called the "county line" in whitesboro oklahoma. dr wright wrote it talihina oklahoma. my father William Bankston Fullerton, was short of stature and was born in 1894 at camdon arkansas.my mother Elizabeth Baxter was born 16 december 1907 in sulpher springs oklahoma. she was the fourth child of a family of 11, she was the second daughter.I was the first grandchild and my grandfather spoiled me good his last three children being boys. I got to sit on his knee and sometimes at the dinner table he would hold me and let me eat off his plate. somewhere between the ages of 3 and 4 i swallowed a ring off a razor strap (so my mother thought).she being very scared ran and told my grandfather. HE MOUNTED HIS BIG BLACK STALLION and rode in a run i'm sure the 6 miles to talihina to tell the doctor who said to feed me bananas. grandfather bought a whole stock of banans. you know what i ate for days , until 2 days later my mother found the metal ring in the corner of the room.
rene head was my first school teacher. i didn't appreciate going away from home and spending the whole day with A RED HAIRED MAN TEACHER.it was about this time in my life that i realised my mother and father weren't getting along with each other..there was much quarreling and fussing and at times i and my sister who was 3 1/2 or so would try to play outside or be away from our parents. one day i went to school and refused to eat my lunch cause i was very upset. the other girls at school tried to console me but the more they sympathized me the worse i got. i just clammed up and wouldn't talk for the rest of the day. the name of the school was lone oak in oklahoma. there was only about 15 children in school, first to eighth grade.when i was 6 1/2 or so my mom and dad separated and we went to live with my mother's family and that pleased me.my grandfather had a big farm with lots of cows, horses, pigs and goats. i have always loved haying time. he would hire a group of men to help with the cutting and bailing of hay and some of them would bring their families and camp on the creek that runs nearby, and that meant more children to play with. one of my uncles PRESTON, was only a year older than i. we were great pals he(preston) died at 16 leaving a big void in my life. my mothers father jasper baxter born january 11 1877 died in 1934, born in arkansaw. his father albert baxter. my mothers mother was born december 8 1879 and died 1968. her maiden name was leona wehunt. her people were homesteaders in or near norman arkansas, near the caddo river. some of the wehunts made whiskey for the government
my sisters name is jessie ollivia fullerton she had gold blond hair full of curls. everyone saw her as a real doll she wasn't bashful as me. i had dark brown hair and very shy....

BUT YOU ARE SOO LOVED INDEED MY LOVE FOR YOU GROWS STRONGER EVERYDAY

1 comment:

miwokdreamer said...

the only thing missing is a picture
:)