Wednesday, January 11, 2012

sea....

i amaze myself at times over my innate ability to return to childhood gestures for no other reason that i need to believe. case in point i paid close to a hundred bucks for this print at the local antique store. well i might have got him to lower the price by ten bucks but the tax made it seem the same. the owner was calling her betty and there were also two more prints that i must have eventually because they were a family. 2 different maidens enjoying the view with different landscapes. anyway i saw her months ago when i was browsing before christmas ...she is my lady of the lake.

this was my father's i remember this sailor gracing our hall wall ever since my youth. even though my father is gone there is a tendency to place his treasures strategically around the house out of respect-fuk it is cause we miss him. anyway this picture of the sailor guy sits in my room staring at books and a tv and me of course living my life. he is lonely i swear and back to my infantile longing to ease the pain of other's be they alive or dead or metaphoric to what i need for peace. they are placed across the room from each other and it is the strangest feeling my room has become okay with me. there is a balance that bleeds into my heart when i am inside this space..oh did i mention that i am in between them hehe. i mean it is not like i have grabbed each picture and are holding them together like barbie dolls making them smooch. come on people. besides it is too early in their relationship for that.
i am water
so is he
and so is she

plus this lady of the lake she has the same chin that my mother does. the picture following these words are my mom in yoounger years and with short hair...he is waiting for her they are sealed in the temple for time and eternity.


No comments: