Sunday, January 8, 2012

spring valley reservoir..








 just got back from spring valley and i feel different somehow. i felt my dad's spirit rub shoulders with me. spring valley belongs to my dad lol. it was his special place while he was alive.  i was standing in the black night without a coat on and all of a sudden venus was screaming down ...LOOK AT ME MIWOKDREAMER ! the water was frozen over though there was a man out on the ice- fishing through the barrier. as soon as i stepped out of the truck i opened up my bottle of beer and was pulled down by the dock alone so i could quietly whisper into the wind..i'm home to the lady of the lake. i wanted to do my happy joy joy dance jig and throw back my head and howl at the moon in my victory cry. but i was stilled by emotion. i could not move as the quiet silence held me with her invisible arms, soothing me like only a mother can. my friend soon joined me and for a second i felt interupted but they were in awe of the majestic view she presents. i was soo frigging proud to say this is where i call home. this is sacred ground .  it was all i could do not to start  pointing out things that are private. like over there my dad fished every morning the last ten years of his life.or i have actually dove off that and swam past goose shit island to reach the far shore-twenty times with one single breath. hehe i have skinny dipped with crystal and erica and ember right from that beach but i couldn't say the words cause they would sound soo petty and possessive right? i needed to visit to pay my respect for years and years but it was just too far away. it is hard to describe the relief that washed thru me.  before we were leaving i closed my eyes and zipped up my sweater and turned towards my late father's favorite perch and my friend jumped and said did you hear that ! the lake is talking to you...it knows you are here.  it was freaking him out because there was no wind or traffic close by.  i smile tightly and turn back to the truck ready to go.  i grin and laugh the whole drive back knowing that spring valley holds more than the reservoir


































No comments: