Sunday, December 18, 2011

robotic malfunction...

i already know the picture i put with the post does not match. but what can i say i like the feathers they tickle my funny bone. had a decent weekend pretty much-hell yeah it was good. went and saw sherlock holmes with my friend cause i swore i honestly thought girl with the dragon tattoo was playing so we stood in the crazy line with all the other college idiots and got to the window and after waiting that long and having people behind us i think we both felt that we had to buy tickets anyway-just cause. so we went out for coffee and a bite which tasted even better than the show when all was said and done. did not get home til almost 1 am and had to be at work at 7 to man the breakfast bar again because it is such easy money those two hours before my shift in house keeping starts. i am always happy to be anywhere if it means i could possibly rub shoulders with my future ex-husband and oh did i mention the chocolate muffins and free coffee ?
it was like wow i rolled out of bed the next morning and didn't even attempt to shower cause i had decided on 4 more minutes of sleep when my mom had tried to wake me. hehehe i hate when i do that to myself. anyway i show up and it is chaos CHAOS!! i go straight for the coffee like a lover and i am just getting ready to warm my little self up when this small lady calmly walks up beside me and takes my cup out of my hand stating.." u know you should not ever drink hot products out of a styrofoam cup dearie(yes she called me dearie) because the heat will draw out the petroleum from the styrofoam and the cancer will get you". i just watched my cup disappear and almost started throwing a tantrum because you don't take my coffee before i have had my daily intake of cancer causing petroleum intake..i mean how am i suppose to die if not by cancer. i started doing those breathing exercises you know the ones they make you do when you are having contractions ? i turned to look at the clock and i saw a pack of kids walk by the door and then i looked around the room and i realized oh fuk we are surrounded by them. and they are happy and hungry and friendly and alive like the cold is outside and then i really wanted my coffee. when i was able to focus again it was cause nice lady guest was putting a plastic cardboard cup of coffee in my hand that she had doctored with hot chocolate and i thought bless her soul. that is when it started to get crazy...excuse me miss the cocoa puffs seem to be empty from the container and things like is it okay if i make me a vanilla coffee my mom let's me have one every morning at home ? and i was like looking at this child who was a boy nerd and i was like but you are not at home and i started getting this unease that crept along my shoulders and i seriously thought all of these kids were speed freaks cause i just assumed that they had been into the adult morning beverage before i got there instead of just being youthful vitality. they were everywhere like snowflakes and i tried to not be pissy but in charge of my beat. i looked at a new face that seemed immune to the madness of the chaos and i approached him and simply asked bravely ..what's going on? he told me at the university of idaho they were holding a robotic competition for 10 to 14 year olds and i looked at the nerd kids again and thought coool!

2 comments:

Skip Phillips said...

Great blog Kris, I am hooked.....

miwokdreamer said...

i think you are great