Tuesday, June 8, 2010

never kill the messenger


The images are starting to haunt me. I cannot focus on a thing. I cannot turn away from the pictures on the TV. About the oil spill that got away. My tears are too horrified to fall, my anger is simmering on the back burner inside my head. Growing stronger than I like to taste and of course it is justified. Which makes it right. CNN just flashed 200 birds brought in..dead on arrival. It makes it hard to breath. Oh Lord I have to wonder..can't you in your infinite power help us out this time ? I have to wonder what it would be like if my daughter did not have the awesome power of what it is like, to believe. That a simple bird could rise up off the land.. with a flap of wings, and soar up up up thru the sky. No powered engine on it's back to pollute our toxic air. They are freedom in it's rawest form. I cannot imagine how empty the skies will be. They are majestic creatures and carry imagination on the small of their back. And of course we all want to fly away at times, just fly off..without a sound. My granny use to say to this little girl-the birds are messengers. You never kill the messenger, you murderers-THIS WILL LEAD TO WAR.

No comments: