Sunday, May 9, 2010

azure sky...a voice did sing

So today is among other things mothers day..designated that is. And while I sat in church trying not to yawn, I focused on the faces that were giving talks. The yawns came and I freed them into the air. As my attention searched in secret to keep my mind awake, it rested on all the little children. The beautiful little people, who carried themselves like the kings and queens of the many noble families, who sat scattered among us..the common folk. It was like half of them fed on all the eyes watching the show they were the star of. I felt myself long to approach the podium and take over the microphone so I could utter.."nominees for childlike behavior in a flowing purple dress.." I just could not pay attention to anything today cause I had stayed up very late last night reading Eldest (Eragon book 2) and playing wii. My littlest monkey could not breathe knowing I held the top 3 positions on the various games that we play. She is competitve to the point of failure. I can only blame that on her father cause I don't know where she got that from. Anyway I was in the middle of a sigh that was trying to bloom into a yawn, when we all opened our hymnbooks to sing. AND I FOUND MYSELF lifting upto heaven on the wings of a voice. Exactly behind me sat an angelic voice...that was so pure and weightless. It was all I could do not to turn around and stare. A voice of an angel..she will haunt my dreams. I opened my mouth and was able to sing in perfect harmony along with her. She held within her lungs the backbone of what is beautiful to behold. It was something that held no physical form and that is what started the time that got away from me. Trying to figure out how to see who held that angel of a voice inside her. I never saw her face, but maybe that is a good thing. Cause it makes me want to return to church and sit lost in the back. I have to know what she looks like before she opens her mouth to sing. I bet she is beautiful and skinny. I have to figure it out on my own at all costs, even if I have to give a talk. Just so I can face the congregation. Please do not let the bishop hear my thoughts and assign me a topic.....

No comments: