Sunday, November 13, 2011

the indian sweater..


Hello this is for a Cowichan sweater, size large child or small adult. When my father was stationed in Canada many many years ago (NATO)..my mother had one of the local indians who lived there knit one for each of us. It was all done by hand. They are very attractive as well as tribal for that native look. The lanolin in the wool repels the rain and the collar flips up to weather the wind. The zipper has big teeth and works perfectly & there are two side pockets to keep the hands nice and snug. These sweaters can last a lifetime. Armpit to armpit is 23 inches across and the length is approx 25 inches. Measuring from the inside of the armpit seam all the way to the cuff of the sleeve is approx 15 inches. I thank you for looking and free shipping is included.


Now to the good stuff..when your father is an officer in the united states navy you develop gypsy blood to help you deal with starting over again and again. If it weren't for my sister julie I would have had soo many anxiety attacks daily just because i was soo shy. My sister was a grade behind me and that definetly guaranteed i would have someone to sit with at lunch. We lived in Victoria British Columbia and i remember that everyone had inhalers for asthma. And as long as you had your parents permission you could enter the smoker's room inside the school building !! I wonder if they still do allow smoking since the world is so anal now about second hand smoke. Export A's or Player's Light was my personal favorite. Everything is in Metric except for bra sizes. I was not very popular cause of my shyness ..Julie on the other hand was fire prevention princess and probably dating the quarterback of the football team and she loved me and tried to include me all the time. Thank god for that younger sister bravado that gives you the strength to pass on curling and to pass on steak and kidney pie hehe. We lived there when Charles and Diana were married. I am one of those Diana freak fans...I adored her just like the whole population over in that neutral territory. School was terribly hard and french was mandatory til 9th grade ! Mandatory like English is here. Ha i was there for 8th and 10th grade. Wow and anglais anglais and bonjour booger face eh.

this is a picture of my sister julie all grown up , standing to the left.And her daughter.. Kasey who is navy and my mom and my sister Lisa at her graduation from basic training. Alphas everyone damn one :)


No comments: