Friday, November 11, 2011

all wound up..




I thought i smelled winter in the breeze that was working for me ... blowing off all the leaves that had gathered on the front stoop today. Every year I use to make my daughter climb this treacherous path behind my old residence in spokane and we would collect every kind of leaf we could find. Sometimes we would spraypaint the big ones gold just to keep her interest. I have always been the kinda mom that instead of heading to silverwood amusement park or to one of the huge malls I would drag my kids to an ancient cedar grove down a long dirt road on some forgotten strip of land in bum fuck idaho. Or to an ancient riverbed just so i could stick my toes in the icy water ...so that my nipples would pop out.. I mean what other reason would we journey soo far away from the city? Now my girls don't like to get in my vehicle if they don't know the destination in advance. This summer i am calling a family gathering and we will head up to laird park to pick huckleberries like i use to growing up. I love huckleberry pie almost as much as i love cola slurpees. Oh hell i forgot about the cola slurpee clause. Fuck shit damn guess we can't move to far away from the city or i won't get my slurpee fix. It has been my medicine for sickness, bad moods, bad days, and just about anything that could ever bring me down goes away when i start sucking that baby down. I mean my ( not taking lords name in vain )mother nature what is the matter with youth today? They are soo busy being distracted that they fail to notice the little things. In Kansas City besides chiggers and your occasional ticks there were things that were user friendly like catching fire flies in mayonnaise jars. And crushing up the body to rub on your skin makes it glow wanna know how i know? my kids showed me


No comments: