Sunday, September 23, 2012

something about peter..



i am reading Paul a man of grace and grit. I opened the book  up and saw these words..."The conversion of a soul is the miracle of a moment, the manufacture of a saint is the task of a lifetime." Wow- I so knew that !! The process only begins at the moment of salvation.
 After I had been saved alot of things were beginning to happen inside of me. I could easily say- after I was converted. But for me SAVED is the only word i can use. Cause i was drowning in deep water, praying for a shark. I had all this empty space that needed to be filled. The first thing I did was turn to the new testament, book of John. The new testament is all about Jesus and i was going to find out everything I could about the my Saviour. As I approached the end of John I was reading chapter 21 and verse 7 entered my brain and knocked me to my knees. I started to cry like a baby. .
 Jesus has been crucufied and is resurrected. He appears on the shore of Tiberias to his disciples as they are fishing. Jesus calls out..asking if they had caught anything  and tells them to cast the net to the right side. Which they did and suddenly they have soo many fish caught in the net they can't pull the net in. The disciple Jesus loved said to Peter. "It is the Lord" At these words "It is the Lord, Simon Peter who had practically nothing on, wrapped his cloak round him and jumped into the water ! The pure joy Peter must have felt at seeing Jesus that he jumped into the water cause he just could not wait for the boat to get to shore. Especially after denying Jesus three times before the cock crowed when he was taken. Now i shared my little feel good it is time to get ready for church.

No comments: