Friday, January 25, 2008

til death do us part


I saw something earlier today that said if you died today would you be ready? Ready, set and willing.. Close to two months ago I had another brush with the arid taste of death. I was fine with how things were happening. I really was. I had no desire to stay in this godforsaken place. I was not fearful, but eerie calm. It had all happened so fast. I like fast, no I love fast! I lived fast and wanted to die at the scene before the faces of my children flashed before me. I forgot how to breathe as soon as I hit the pavement. I must have left that bit of knowledge standing there in the "present" before the car slammed into us. I had just stepped out of the blazer on the passenger side because I had seen a friend who had just got out of prison. The blazer was running and in park, my door was wide open and I was hugging what should have been my last remembrance of the journey. You know the journey you must finish to prove you are alive? The one that isn't done with me yet...WHAM from out of hell this car headed in the opposite way slams head on into us, without slowing down. I never moved after that.I could hear people and see faces of concern and anger. I could hear yelling as other vehicles stopped to help, but I did not care. I didn't want to breathe anymore. I did not want anything but for the rain to quit falling on my face, the cold rain..Now that everything is said and done I have one question...God is the reason that I am still here is cause you are giving me one last chance to die a good person? ..Hurry and catch me if you can!

No comments: