Tuesday, January 29, 2008

tick, tick tick.....TICK

I thought about the title for a little while and decided let it be the timebomb
fixing to blow apart my boredom. I use to live in bum fuck arkansas with my most
favorite person in the whole world. And that was my nanny...my mothers mom. I lived
with her my freshman and my senior year cause with my dad in the navy I did not
want to have to be in two different schools each of those years. Yes I have alot
of first days tucked away in some thrown out photo album. I hate first days . I
pass on that ..and like I told my mom I would rather live in Arkansas than start
school there with only two months left. Next thing you know I am putting real
wood from a tree in a woodburning cast iron stove. And feeding chickens and yes
running from the devil himself. That stupid rooster was fucking mean.
Okay I was trying not to remember those were the best days of my life, except for
the chiggers and some of the chores. On those humid twilight evenings when pa and
ma are just swinging on there porch swing with all the windows open so they can hear
hee haw and all of a sudden here comes sweet little young city girl around the corner with that look on her face. That look of pure boredom and she asks what there is to do. Yes she has already milked the goat but daisy May knocked the bucket over and yes she gathered the eggs but dropped them all when that stupid rooster came after her.
And kris the dear sweet child has this look on her face like she wants blood, well
grandma is going to give her a cure.Yep dear sweet ole grandma-she calls heidi the weiner dog outside and hands me a hammer it was only then that I realized how much i want my mommy. MOMMY!! I want closure on those dark nights and i want the
nightmares to quit. I get one every so often and it just freaks the shit out of me
cause of the things she made me do ..and let me just state in her defense that this
was something that use to be done on the farm after i started my therapy. It is only
for the strong of heart. Dig the biggest juiciest plumpest ticks out of the dogs ear
and squash them with a hammer before they find another warm invite. Like the one I discovered while taking a shower that very same night.The one that had burrowed in my belly button. It was my screams of insanity that brought her into my biggest nightmare. And it is because of her simple white lie that a part of me is ruined. She told me not to worry that she had it... that it was off. She quit paying attention to that evil bug, in an attempt to calm me down. And that mighty tick warrior jumped free and ran back up my flesh to re-attatch itself to my scalp and she started giggling so hard at my get that thing off my skin dance that had I not been naked I would have ran outside and been lost forever.

No comments: