Saturday, January 26, 2008

generational gasps


Just got off the phone with Angela , my 17 year old. She just informed me that her mucus plug is blankety blank blank and the baby has dropped. I am sooooooooooo excited for this it is the one show i cannot miss .. If i have to put snow shoes on both my feet and hold onto the back of the snow plow - I will. Part of me wants to see her and how she handles the pain. THE WHOLE TRUTH IS I WANT TO FEED ON THE FEELING OF THAT FIRST LOOK THAT IS SHARED BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A CHILD. I want to believe again. I want to hold a precious soul
again. I want to know that it is part of me. I want to kiss it's little nose and support it's head. I want to believe in the love of a child. It is the only thing that is unconditional, am I right? I happen also to believe that a newborn baby is the closest thing to God that we will ever come in contact with. The purity, the sanctity..the absolute belief -that only good is starting inside this little body and it is upto us to protect that for as long as we can..Angela Kathleen I am so proud of you-welcome to motherhood

No comments: