Tuesday, November 20, 2012

mermaid . .



winter just seems to suffocate me with it's isolation. it's like the snow holds the ice cold silence in place. i close my eyes and dream of warm days held captive in the cool water of spring valley reservoir. i am with my daughter erica and a few of her friends. our laughter echoes like a bouncy ball dancing across the lake. it started out just a group of chatty gals with our toes in the sparkling water, but something about the solitude of our destination and the fact that the world revolves around us has led to the demise of a few of our outer garments. in the backwoods of idaho it is somehow okay to sit in a padded bra that looks like a bikini top if you do it in a group lol. it was not my intention to go swimming that day, but due to the fact i had boxer shorts on under my jeans i um somehow ended up completely immersed  in the weightlessness of that day. i let myself be pulled out to the middle of the lake where the quiet is and i looked up into the bluest sky. i could not remember if i was looking up or looking down at the cool blue water from above. i tried to focus and instantly my eyes were trapped on two ospreys gliding above me. i sighed with pleasure and water burned up my nose. i felt myself go under and when i came up the girls were headed my way ! i hollered at them Look at the osprey-they are MINE before going under. all of us got lost in the moment hooting and laughing and practically drowning each time one of us would show off. nothing mattered but my dominance and you know what ? we had turned into mermaids and did not even realize it ! until a boat full of fishermen pulled up along side us and i was soo shocked cause we had not noticed them at all . i immediately cleared my throat and said . .  wow bet we scared off all the fish huh ? i promised them we would keep the racket down and the cutest one said to me . .  fuk the fish lady i wanna know how to catch you !

No comments: