Friday, November 2, 2012

gimme back my bullets . .

Once upon a time in a far off cave. In a cavern found in my mind there is a fire burning. It is surrounded by rocks which we will call time. The fire does not warm anything. It only suggests that something is missing. Do I need to look closely at what is illuminated by the light of the fire or at the fire itself ? Or is it a marker that is leading me to a cold dark forgotten place inside of me ? So many times I let the chaos of the world chase me back into the dark tunnels of addiction. I love the solace of solitary confinement.Sometimes it is the melancholy of life that plays my favorite song. Now that journey has ended and i stand in the dark. I can hear water dripping and the fire makes no sound. Lord what i am wondering is this from you ? I ache to hold my hands over the fire and feel the warmth chase off the cold. But the battle scarred and weary soldier inside of me ...warns-it's a trap

No comments: