Thursday, November 1, 2012

lingering doubt. .

i am walking on the edge of two different realities one is alive and vibrant with color and the other is dead and brittle. my one foot cannot help but make noise as the weight of my step crushes it into dust. It is like the noise a person makes walking thru dead leaves. there is no wind or blue sky. all is gray and still. there is no noise except for the sound i make as i move thru the void. how can it be ? two different dimensions under one step. i am not afraid because i am searching for something that must be coaxed into returning to where it came from. i must not force it to surrender or trick it into believing how much it's decision will matter. My mind is working faster than my eyes can focus on anything that is out of the ordinary. An echo reverberates across the open sky of both worlds like a boomerang. It is a doorway home. i cannot let it land anywhere but in my hand. Nothing must be disturbed. Only the dead watch with weary eyes. I cannot comfort them or stop to ask them if I am dead too.

No comments: