Saturday, January 26, 2013

trickster. .

ever get lost in the past ? like your mind can't function cause it is stuck on something you choose to forget. i was a little indian girl with a mess of black hair. i was sitting outside by the door while my mom was inside doing dishes or something. i can hear her humming to the radio and every once in awhile she would stick her head outside. the sidewalk is rough and warm on my leg and the wind keeps blowing a tickle across my forehead to annoy me as i play in the mud. i am glowing and so happy at the sound of my mommy's voice her love surrounds me even though i can't see her. i am digging a hole to china and whispering to the mud family that i have adopted as my own. i giggle in delight as i sit there in the sun. Suddenly behind me i feel a disturbance in the quiet and i ignore it. i am trying to hurry and finish what i had begun, knowing next time my mom sees me that she will take me inside and throw me in the tub. A crow has landed and is screeching loud as a whistle ruining all my fun. i raise my hands and try to shoo it but it comes closer counting coup and tries to take a branch i was using as an arm on momma mud. it's wings are open wide and it charges me where i sit. i scream terrified and it screeches as it attacks me with it's wings opened wide. i throw mud momma hoping to scare it away. this demon possessed beast jumps back and leaps in front of me and with it's mouth it carries off the spoon i was using !! my mom is there to grab me screaming and wraps me in her arms horrified we rush to the bathroom and she sits me on the toilet and is frantically wiping off the mud to see if i was hurt. i told her that bird had spit on my cheek and by my eye. she has a wet warm wash rag and is gently wiping off my face. she told me crow was broken and sprayed me with it's blood and where she wiped it's blood off i was bleeding too. now i am all grown and thinking bout what it could mean ? i mean what's a junkie without her spoon ?

No comments: