Wednesday, April 21, 2010

look what the tide dragged in..

Whew, I was right in the middle of having one of those got alot done nothing blah days, and I felt the wind blow through my hair. I was staring out the open window wondering how much longer I had before the first drops of rain fell. It must have snuck in through the window, slipped in past the screen. All of a sudden I felt a chuckle inside of me just like a contraction when you are giving birth. I knew there was no stopping what can't be stopped, so I let it free and began to focus on my breathing. It was only getting harder to hold onto and I knew there was no stopping it. I let my imagination focus to the source with an expectant glow of warmth that freed my soul of the pain of which I didn't know....It was a rainy day and slick out. Me and my daughter Katie were on the south hill at Albertsons and I had my shopping cart full of groceries while I stood in line at the butcher block. See I am already starting to chuckle..Anyway you know how kids are, well my daughter went to retrieve something she thought she had to have while I waited- ready to go. There was a big sale going on ..I think it was the 99 cent a pound chicken breasts that had me stuck in place. There was 4 or 5 people in front of me and an even longer line behind me. In fact we (the line) were blocking traffic on the back wall. I look up when I heard my daughter say "mom" and in her hand she is holding a box of tampons . As she rounds the corner she slips on the wet floor and tries to catch herself ..... before she goes down ! Her long legs slide under my cart and I yell SAFE. The whole back of the store starts roaring. We all laugh so hard that I actually can't move to help her up. I laughed so hard I had to leave my cart where it was and exit the store. I could not have normal conversation with katie or anyone for that matter for the next six months. Because I would just stare off and start laughing like a lunatic

No comments: