Monday, May 7, 2012

younger days

THINGS I MISS FROM YOUTH

my waterbed
the power a note from a parent.. had
my aunt betty's huckleberry pie
a shirley temple
slip and slide
wonderful world of disney
the fonz
roll call in home room
youth program at my church
catching fireflies
itching misquito bites
cola slurpee
roasting marshmallows on a stick over a campfire
watching my sister ice skate
rollerskating
my hula teacher
my nanny always believing in me
picking huckleberries
swimming
flying kites
ice cubes and bubble gum
jumping rope
drive in movies
designated bed time
time outs for temper tantrums
my mom telling me everything is going to be fine (believing her 100%)
my dad telling me to quit upsetting my mom
jumping on the bed
skipping along
big wheel
swim team
cotton candy
shooting buckshot from a rifle
my sister julie's laughter
blowing bubbles
faith

No comments: