Wednesday, February 6, 2008

-a voice is a vice is a voice for you

well it seems my phone just keeps surprising me everytime it rings. Since when has everyone been concerned with my happiness? How many voices are there for my brain to figure out after the first hello. It is like "Kris is this you" and my thoughts are like who the fuck is this. And just as soon as my silence greets the voice with no face
I hear things like "this is Possom" or "it's Cap" or "this is your best friend calling cause I miss you so bad". It is weird cause this is home now. It makes me uncomfortable to try and answer all the questions they are firing off at me. I don't want to share this pocket of peace I have found in the ice and snow. I also don't know how long it is
going to last before it begins to lose its shape and like snow through the hourglass so are the days of our life.
I am not going to start dating any of my exes and that includes longtime exes like Possom. How the heck did he get my number that has not changed in twenty years and has been the same since we were together and apart. Mmmhhhh I bet our daughter gave it to him and why did we talk for almost two hours? Oh my God !! I think the adults are maturing. And why is he clean and sober? I thought if you were in a motorcycle club and a one percenter using drugs was required.
My feet are getting ready to do a jig, my step is light and my heart is free. I hear something....what may you ask? Concentrate Kris, don't let the pied piper (not meth-related) lead you away from your life!
It is the most contagious tune indeed..A Song of such beauty and beat. It is trying to find a way inside my head. I don't have enough hands to plug up all the holes in my head..no oh wait-yes there it is.
My hand is contaminated with something and my fingers are starting to snap.. I have to dance. Not the cotton-eyed Joe. The other one that is forbidden at my age-the strip tease. All the way into the bathroom so I can jump in the shower and start my day.

No comments: