Friday, April 13, 2012

friday the 13th

it was a beautiful day even though i tried to resist it's existence. i slept in this morning and jumped in the hot water of my last minute shower only to lay back down with my hair in a towel. the melancholy is a monkey on my back. work was work it is mom's weekend and the motel was just starting to burst at the seams when i slipped out the door and started my walk back home. i tried not to come straight back to the apt  and be depressed. there was carefree laughter and trucks pulling boats at every gas station. i made myself stop at wendy's for a snack. i walked the rest of the way here and as soon as i shut the door i dropped my purse kicked off my shoes and twisted out of my pants. i made a fresh pot of coffee and ate a light supper and felt tears hit the floor by my feet. i should really go to bed right this second and not ponder on what i ain't got and get more depressed. i can feel my chest starting to ache for the sound of his voice saying...i love you babe

No comments: